The Beverly Hills Hotel was built two years before the city of Beverly Hills was founded and Hôtel Plaza Athénée was the reason behind Christian Dior opening his first boutique in 1946 on avenue Montaigne. At Le Meurice, also in Paris, Salvador Dali would stay for months at a time, leading to the hotel’s distinctive surrealistic design on the ground floor. The Dorchester’s Oliver Messel Suite was created by the eponymous theatre designer and remains one of the most celebrated hotel suites in London.
We certainly like to do things differently at Dorchester Collection. That’s why our guests trust us to take the very best care of them and, in return, we show our loyalty by putting them at the heart of everything we do. Our guests appreciate being recognised as individuals and having the same friendly faces welcome them back to our properties. They know how much they matter to us because they can feel it – they know they are an integral part of our way of life.
Together, we thrive on forming meaningful relationships and creating lasting connections not only with our guests but also with our employees. “By our people, for our guests” is at the heart of everything we do. Living by core values is an integral part of who we are as shown in our mission.
- We care genuinely, knowing that we are cared for in return
- We encourage the unique personalities and passions of our employees
- We work together: as a team, a hotel, and a collection
- Our guests forge our legacy: knowing and understanding them is our goal
- We value kindness over process
- In a fast-moving world, we remain consistent and relevant
- We protect our heritage whilst evolving into the future
- We live vibrantly, now
With over 2,900 employees across our nine hotels and corporate office, Dorchester Collection aims to promote a sense of belonging that transcends all else, where all employees share a dedication to excellence, innovation and social responsibility, and are committed to equality for all. Diversity, inclusion and belonging remain core beliefs of Dorchester Collection. The company’s We Care philosophy aims to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected, allowing positive engagement to prosper, as we continue to implement strategies to promote genuine and sustainable progress in this area.
- Equality: Employee feedback experts Peakon identified equality as a strong engagement driver amongst Dorchester Collection employees, with the company ranked in the top 5% globally for employee engagement
- Diversity: Among Dorchester Collection’s team of employees, 67 nationalities are represented and 48 different languages spoken
- Years of service: 50% of employees have been with Dorchester Collection for more than 10 years, and a third for over 25 years, with our longest-standing employee working with the Collection for 52 years
- Turnover: Dorchester Collection’s employee turnover rate is the lowest in the hospitality industry at 18% (in comparison to the average of 35-50%, according to the Bureau of Labour Statistics) We continually strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is part of our DNA, reflected by our core values of passion, personality, respect, working together and creativity.
So, be our guest. Be our story. Be whatever your heart desires. We’ll be honoured to take care of you.